OBCam – HD Camera Plugin Tutorial
Before you can get started with streaming, you will need to follow this short tutorial to install the OBCam plugin on your computer. This will allow the OBCam app and OBS Studio to communicate with each other.
This installation process will not take longer than 5 minutes.
Make sure to have:
- The latest version of OBS Studio, can be found here: https://obsproject.com/
- Latest version of OS is advised, otherwise, it’s recommended to have OS above MacOS 10.13/Windows 8.
- Latest version of iTunes, can be found here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210384
- Quitted OBS Studio, if it’s open.
2. Download the iOS Camera Plugin for OBS Studio
Make sure to quit any open windows of OBS Studio before installing the plugin. Then proceed to download and install below plugin.
3. Add the plugin into OBS Sources
After you have installed the plugin, please follow these steps to add the plugin as new source:
- Open OBS Studio
- Look for the Sources section, press on the + button and choose “iDevices Cam 1.1” (see below image)
- When it’s done, there should be a new source called “iDevices Cam 1.1” and this is our main entry point to configure it in the next step
Note for Windows users, if you cannot find the source following the above steps, please install the plugin manually.
4. Download and install the iOS App: OBCam – Device as HD Webcam
5. Connect your Device to OBS Studio
For better results, make sure that your iOS device is disconnected and the OBCam app is closed.
- Ensure that your iOS device’s lightning cable is disconnected.
- Open OBS Studio.
If there is no “iDevices Cam 1.1”, following step 2 above. Please follow below steps:
- Open OBCam App on your device
- Navigate to the main screen where you will see the USB status button in the bottom left corner, for now it will say “Not Connected”
- Use your lightning cable that came with your device to connect to your computer.
- Go back to OBS Studios, highlight the plugin “iDevice Cam 1.1” and press the Gear button right below it.
- When you configure the plugin for the first time, it will look like the below where the dropdown for iOS Device is None.
- Choose your device by pressing on the dropdown list – see red rectangle in below example image.
Now it should display what OBCam app is capturing, you can verify this by the change in USB status at the bottom of the OBCam app, it now should say “Connected”. And in OBS Studio there should be live capturing of what you see within the app.