Connect through WIFI with NDI®
1. Download the iOS Camera Plugin for OBS Studio
Make sure to quit any open windows of OBS Studio before installing the plugin. Then proceed to download and install the plugin for your operating system from here: https://github.com/Palakis/obs-ndi/releases
2. Add the plugin into OBS Sources
After you have installed the plugin, please follow these steps to add the plugin as new source:
- Open OBS Studio
- Look for the Sources section, press on the + button and choose “NDI® Source” (see below image) and then press OK.
- When it’s done, there should be a new source called “NDI® source” and this is our main entry point to configure it in the next step.
3. Download and install the iOS App: OBCam – Device as HD Webcam
4. Connect your Device to OBS Studio
In order to have the application communicate with OBS through NDI®, both your computer and your iPhone/iPad need to be on the same WIFI network and you will need to have a premium subscription.
- Open the application and navigate to the page with camera is already on.
- Tap on the icon at the bottom left of the screen, it will let you choose the connection method.
- Tap on Wifi with NDI®
- Tap on close button to dismiss the connection selection screen.
- Open OBS and select “NDI® source”
- Click on the Gear button to begin the configuration.
- For the first setup, when you do not choose any source yet, the screen will look like image below.
- In the dropdown Source name, click on it and verify that your device is there
- Select it and tap OK, the status on iPhone application should be connected and it will start streaming your video/audio through WIFI connection.